The yearly roadside inspection blitz is scheduled for June 3rd to June 5th. During this time roughly 10,000 inspectors will go out nationwide. Last year over 70,000 truck inspections were done and over 45,000 were level 1 inspection. This is the most detail inspection to get. Here at Keystone we encourage and reward good safety at all times. But it is an important reminder at this time, to pay extra attention. Here are a few tips to follow:
- Extensive pre and post trip inspections.
- Do a walk around during your fuel stops and during loading/unloading.
- Stop before each weigh station and do a walk around.
- Make sure logs are up to date.
- When you find any violations or maintenance issues, fix them before leaving.
Also remember Keystone Logistics has some great safety incentives. With every violation free roadside you can get:
- Level 1 – $100
- Level 2 -$50
- Level 3 – $25